FOLROK Paulina Rokicka – Shop Rules
The owner of the online store operating folrok.pl the internet is FOLROK Paulina Rokicka with its registered office in Gotówkie at ul. Sadowa 13a/ 2, tel.: +48 577 771 008, e-mail: email@example.com
These Terms and Conditions define the general terms and conditions of use of the Online Store, the conclusion of the Agreement for the Provision of Services, the Sales Agreement and the rules for the use of services provided by the Seller. Whenever the following capitalized phrases are used later in the Terms and Conditions, they shall be understood in the following sense, unless the context of their use clearly indicates otherwise:
Shop – an online service available at the www.folrok.pl through which the Customer can place an order.
Order – a statement of the Buyer's will made through the Store specifying unequivocally: the type and quantity of products, the type of delivery, the type of payment, the place of delivery of the goods, the buyer's data – aimed directly at concluding the contract between the Buyer and the Seller.
Payment – a method of payment for the subject matter of the contract and delivery to the specified address.
Delivery – the type of transport service and cost, listed in the pricing policy.
Deadline – the time from the moment of placing the order to its shipment.
Proof of purchase – proof of sale, e.g. invoice
Shopping Cart – a list of products made from products offered in the store based on the choices of the Buyer.
Client – a natural person or a legal person or other organizational unit without legal personality, acting by a authorized person who accepts the Terms and Conditions in order to create an Account or conclude a Sales Agreement. In the event that the Customer is a person with limited legal capacity, he undertakes to obtain the legally effective consent of his legal representative to make a purchase in the Store and to show such consent at any request of the Seller
Consumer – A customer who is a natural person, making purchases in the Store
Buyer – the ordering party – the person who orders the goods located on the Store's website.
Seller – FOLROK Paulina Rokicka ul. Sadowa 13a/2, Monetary, Tax ID 5821615656, REGON 367947494 , BDO: 00039788.
Content / Content – textual, graphic or multimedia elements (e.g. information about goods, photos of the Goods, promotional videos, descriptions) including works within the meaning of the Copyright and Related Rights Act and images of natural persons, which are posted and distributed by the Seller, contractors of the Seller, the Customer or any other person using the Store, respectively;
Sales Agreement /Agreement – a sales agreement within the meaning of the Civil Code, concerning the sale by the Seller to the Customer of goods for payment of the Price plus e.g. shipping costs, the terms of which are determined in particular by these Terms and Conditions, concluded between the Customer and the Seller in the manner specified in these Regulations, i.e. it is concluded in particular by means of distance communication. The Sales Agreement specifies in particular the Goods, its characteristics, price, shipping costs and other relevant conditions
Technical requirements – minimum technical requirements, the fulfillment of which is necessary for the use of the Store, to enter into a Service Agreement or a Sales Agreement, i.e.: to have a computer or other internet-connected device equipped with one of the following web browsers (in the versions indicated or later): Microsoft Internet Explorer 8.0, Firefox 7.0, Google Chrome 20.0, Safari 5.0, Opera 11.64, which supports Java Script and allows cookies to be stored. In order to make purchases in the Store, the Customer must have a valid/ active e-mail address.
Order – a form made available within the Store, specifying the Goods that the Customer intends to buy and the customer's data necessary for the conclusion and performance of the Agreement. The order sent to the Seller constitutes a statement of the Customer's will expressing a direct will to conclude the Distance Sales Agreement, through the Store.
§ 1 General provisions
1. These Terms and Conditions specify in particular the rules of use of the Store, placing orders for products available in the Store, delivery of ordered products to the Customer, the customer's right to cancel the order and withdraw from the contract, and the rules for the submission and processing of complaints
.2. To use the Store, including browsing the Store assortment and placing orders for products, it is necessary to:
a computer with internet access and a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera.
active e-mail account (e-mail address).
3. The Customer is entitled and obliged to use the Store for its intended purpose.
4. The Customer is obliged to refrain from any activity that could affect the proper functioning of the Store, including in particular any interference with the content of the Store or its technical elements, including the provision of content of an unlawful nature. It is forbidden to use the Store for purposes other than its purpose, including in particular sending spam, conducting any commercial, advertising, promotional activities on the Store's websites, etc.
5. The Seller is not responsible for any disturbances, including interruptions, in the functioning of the Store due to force majeure, unauthorized actions of third parties or incompatibility of the Store with the technical infrastructure of the Customer
.6. You do not need to register to browse the Store assortment. Self-placing orders by the Customer for products included in the Store's assortment can be made by one-time login As a Guest providing the following data (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address) or by registering in accordance with the provisions of § 2 of the Regulations.
7. The contract is concluded in Polish, in accordance with Polish law and these Regulations.
8. Photos of goods presented in the Store may differ slightly from the originals.
9. The store fulfills orders in Polish and we carry out shipments of goods abroad. In order to fulfill such orders, please inquire firstname.lastname@example.org to determine the possible order process.
10. The use (including copying, processing) in whole or in part of photos, graphics, banners and any texts posted on the website of the online store folrok.pl without our consent is prohibited.
§ 2 Registration
1. In order to register in the Store (setting up a Customer's account), you must fill out the registration form with your name, e-mail address and password
.2. Registration in the Store is free of charge
.3. After registering in the Store, each login takes place using the data provided in the registration form.
4. In order to remove the Customer's account from the Store, you must send an e-mail asking you to delete the email@example.com account from the e-mail address currently registered in the Store.
5. Through registration, the Customer agrees to the use of his data by the Store to the extent necessary for the establishment, shaping of content, change, solution and proper performance of services provided electronically and for the execution of customer's orders
.6. Registration is tantamount to acceptance of the Store's Terms and Conditions
.7. Logging into the Store is done by entering in the login form the e-mail address and password provided when registering the Customer's account. The data provided when registering an account may be changed after logging in to the Customer's account
.8. The Customer is obliged to keep secret the login and password for his account in the Store. Within the limits of generally applicable laws, the Customer is responsible for all activities related to the use of the login and password for a given account in the Store, the password being confidential information to the customer's exclusive message.
§ 3 Conclusion of the contract and execution of orders
1. Orders can be placed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on the www.folrok.pl. Orders placed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays are processed on the next business da
y.2 Orders are only processed on working days. Ordered products are shipped within 24 hours (on working days). The Seller is not responsible for the non-delivery of the goods or the delay in delivery caused by courier companies and the incorrect or inaccurate address provided by the Customer.
3. Placing an order by the Customer means making an offer to the Seller to conclude a contract for the sale (purchase) of the ordered product
.4. After placing the order to the Customer's e-mail address indicated during the purchase – As a Guest or in the Customer's account, a confirmation of receipt by the Seller of the order placed by the Customer will be sent. If the order is processed, an e-mail will be sent to the Customer's e-mail address confirming that the order has been accepted for execution. The confirmation of acceptance of the order is a statement by the Seller of acceptance of the offer referred to in paragraph 1. 3 above.
5. The store fulfills orders on the territory Polish. Delivery of ordered products takes place on working days (Monday to Friday) through a courier company. The goods are delivered to the place indicated on the order form.
6. Each order is added to the shipping costs covered by the Buyer. The cost of shipping products depends on the method of payment chosen, the value of the entire order and the method of delivery
.7. In the absence of the ordered goods in the warehouse and the inability to obtain them on time, the Customer will be informed by phone or e-mail in order to determine the further fate of the order. the remaining scope of the order will be cancelled, which the Customer will be notified to the e-mail address indicated in the Customer's account. In the event that the Customer does not make any decision on the execution of the order (including in the absence of the possibility to contact the Customer for reasons not at the seller's side), the Seller may cancel the order in full. In case of cancellation of the order, if payment for the subject of the order was made in advance, the Seller will refund the amount paid to the Customer (or part of it in the case of partial order fulfillment) in accordance with generally applicable law. The rules for the refund are described in detail in these Terms and Conditions.
8. The basic condition for completing purchases is to fill out the order form correctly and send it to the Store.
9. Order fulfillment begins:
for orders payable on delivery – at the time of receipt, receipt of the order to the Store;
for orders payable by bank transfer, credit card or online – at the time of receipt of the transfer paying the order to the bank account of the Store:
account number: 78 1160 2202 0000 0003 3130 1445
10. At the time of choosing the option, payment by bank transfer, credit card or online the Customer is obliged to pay the fee for the placed order within 7 working days from the date of placing the order. Otherwise, the order is deleted. It is possible to extend the period of payment with prior notice to the Store.
11. Online payment authorization and payment card is carried out by the online payment transaction execution Przelewy24.pl. After selecting the payment option, the customer is redirected to a service that allows authorization of the transaction. As required by payment organizations, online payment companies should meet strict PCI DSS security standards. Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard is a global standard set by payment organizations (Visa, MasterCard) to protect the personal data of cardholders and information related to transactions made with payment cards.
12. Shipments paid by bank transfer, online payment or payment card are made after the corresponding payment has been recorded in the bank account of the online store FOLROK Paulina Rokicka
13. Proof of purchase (VAT invoice) is generated for each order.
14. The Seller reserves the right to refuse to fulfill orders that raise doubts, in particular without providing a contact telephone number or e-mail address through which the Ordering Party can be contacted.
§ 4 Pricing policy
1. All prices quoted by the Seller are expressed in Polish currency and are net prices + VAT. Product prices do not include the cost of delivery
.2. Each order is added to the shipping costs covered by the Buyer.
3. The Seller reserves the right to make changes to product prices on an ongoing basis and to carry out and cancel all kinds of promotional campaigns and sales. The entitlement referred to in the preceding sentence shall not affect orders placed before the effective date of the price change, promotional conditions or sale.
§ 5 Resignation from the contract and withdrawal from the contrac
t1. The Customer may make changes to the order until the Seller has shipped the subject of the order to the Customer. Changes may include opting out of all or part of the products that make up the order, changing the delivery address, or changing the details on the Proof of Purchase. In case of cancellation of the order (both in whole and in part), if payment has been made in advance, the return of the sale price (the relevant part of the sale price) will be made in accordance with generally applicable law. Changing the order is possible only by sending an e-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org or other indicated in the confirmation of receipt by the Seller of the order placed by the Customer.
2. The Consumer may withdraw from the contract of sale of the product purchased in the Store within 30 (thirty) calendar days without giving a reason. The period for withdrawal begins:
from the date of receipt of the completed order.
from the date of receipt by the Consumer of the last part of the completed order – if the order is carried out in parts.
3. The Consumer is not entitled to withdraw from the contract in relation to the contract (pursuant to Art. Article 38 of the Law of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights – consolidated text of 24 June 2014, Coll. U. of 2014, item 101. (827) in particular:
for the provision of services if the trader has fully performed the service with the express consent of the consumer, who has been informed before the start of the service that he will lose his right of withdrawal once the service has been performed by the trader;
in which the object of the supply is an item produced to the consumer's specifications or to meet his individual needs;
4. Withdrawal from the contract in accordance with paragraph 1 shall be subject to the following conditions: The commission shall, in accordance with the procedure referred to in Article 18(2), adopt a declaration in writing within the time limit referred to in paragraph 1. 2 above (declaration of withdrawal from the contract, there is no mandatory model) The Consumer may submit by e-mail to email@example.com
5. In case of withdrawal from the contract, the Consumer is obliged to return the product to the Seller in a state not beyond necessary to determine the nature of the product, as well as its characteristics and functioning. The Seller shall refund to the Consumer the payment paid by the Consumer in accordance with the provisions of these Regulations
.6. The consumer shall be liable for any reduction in the value of the product resulting from its use in a manner beyond what is necessary to establish the nature of the product, its characteristics or functioning
.7. The Consumer who has withdrawd from the contract is obliged to return the product to the Seller immediately, but no later than 30 days from the date of withdrawal from the contract. In order to comply with the time limit, it is sufficient to return the goods before its expiry and a statement. The customer shall return the items subject to the contract from which he has departed at his own risk
.8. In the event of withdrawal from the contract, the contract shall be deemed not to have been conclude
d.9. A consumer who pursues the right of withdrawal as referred to in paragraph 1 shall be entitled to withdraw from the contract. 2 above, it has the possibility to return the product with the selected carrier. The consignment must be packed and secured in such a way as to protect against damage during transport in a condition which allows it to be transported correctly.
§ 6 Refund to Customers
1. In the event of withdrawal from this agreement, we will reimburse you for all payments received from you, including the costs of delivering the goods (with the exception of additional costs resulting from the delivery method chosen by you other than the cheapest usual delivery method offered by us), without delay and in any case no later than 14 days from the date on which we were informed of your decision to exercise your right of withdrawal from this contract. We will refund your payment using the same payment methods as you used in the original transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any case, you will not in pay any fees in connection with this refund. We may withhold a refund until we receive the payment or until proof of payment has been provided to us, which may be the case before.
2. The Seller will refund the money to the Client's bank account (including the one associated with the Client's payment card)
.3. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Seller shall not be liable for failure to refund the amounts paid or delay in returning if, despite sending a request to the Customer to the e-mail address provided by him to send the Seller the Client's bank account number, the Customer will not send the Seller such bank account number or if the response does not contain data enabling the refund. The Seller is not responsible for the non-refund of the amounts paid or the delay of the refund if they are the result of the Customer providing incorrect address details, names or incorrect bank account number.
4. In the event that the Customer has made a payment for the order from a non-bank account or payment card, the refund will be made directly to the holder of that bank account or payment card, using which the payment was made to the Seller in accordance with the rules described in these Regulations.
5. The Seller shall refund the payment to the account indicated by the Customer, if such payment method does not entail any costs for the Seller.
§ 7 Complaints
1. The Seller is liable to the Customer if the sold product has a physical or legal defect (warranty), where the physical defect is the non-conformity of the delivered products with the contract. The Seller shall be liable under the warranty if the physical defect is established within 2 years from the date of issue of the product to the Customer
.2. In order for the Seller to process the complaint, the Customer should deliver the product or products covered by the complaint together with the Proof of purchase of this product together with the VAT invoice) to the Seller to the following address: FOLROK Paulina Rokicka ul. Sadowa 13a/ 2 14-520 Cash with the inclusion of a description of the complaint
.3. All complaints are considered at the latest within 14 working days of their receipt (from the moment of receipt of the shipment from the Customer)
.4. If the complaint is considered, the goods will be exchanged for another, full-fledged, and if this is no longer possible (for example, due to exhaustion of the goods), the Seller will refund the equivalent price of the goods to the Customer or offer him other goods available in the Store of your choice
.5. A Customer purchasing a product for a purpose directly related to his professional or business activities (the Customer who is not a Consumer) has the right to make a complaint in accordance with the applicable law, the Seller's liability for warranty for physical defects of the products is limited to the amount that the Customer paid the Seller for the purchase of the product in question.
§ 8 Warranty Conditions
1. As part of the submission of a warranty complaint, the Customer may:
require the replacement of the goods with a defect-free one;
make a price reduction declaration;
Declaration of withdrawal from the contract.
2. If the sold thing has a defect, the Customer may make a declaration of price reduction or withdrawal from the contract, unless the Seller immediately and without undue inconvenience to the Customer replaces the defective thing with a defect-free one or removes the defect. This limitation does not apply if the item has already been mentioned by the Seller or the Seller has not fulfilled the obligation to replace the item with a defect-free one
.3. If the Customer is a Consumer, he may demand that the item be replaced with a defect-free one, unless it is impossible or excessive costs to bring the goods into conformity with the contract in the manner chosen by the Consumer compared to the method proposed by the Seller. When assessing excessive costs, account shall be taken of the value of the defect-free property, the nature and significance of the defect found, and the inconvenience to which the Consumer would otherwise be exposed.4 shall be taken into accou
nt. The reduced price should remain in proportion to the price resulting from the contract, in which the value of the defectous thing remains up to the value of the goods without defect
.5. The customer may not withdraw from the contract if the defect is insignificant
.6. If the sold thing has a defect, the Customer may request that the goods be replaced with a defect-free one. The Seller is obliged to replace the defective thing with a defect-free one within a reasonable period of time without undue inconvenience to the Customer. The Seller may refuse to comply with the Customer's request if it is impossible to bring the defective item into conformity with the contract in the manner chosen by the Customer or in comparison with the second possible way of bringing the contract into conformity would require excessive costs. If the Customer is a trader, the Seller may refuse to exchange the item for a defect-free item even if the costs of compensation for this obligation exceed the price of the item sold.
7. The Customer, who exercises the warranty rights, is obliged at the Seller's expense to deliver the defective item to the place indicated in the sales contract, and when such a place is not specified in the contract – to the place where the item was delivered to the Customer. If, due to the type of thing or the way it is mounted, it would be excessively difficult for the Customer to deliver the goods, the Customer is obliged to make the goods available to the Seller in the place where the goods are located. The provisions of paragraphs 1 and 2 shall Article 7 shall apply to the return of the goods in the event of withdrawal from the contract and the replacement of the goods with a defect-free on
e.8. The replacement costs are borne by the Seller
.9. The Seller is obliged to accept from the Customer a defective thing in the event of replacement of the goods with a defect-free or withdrawal from the contract
.10. If the Customer who is a Consumer has requested a replacement of the goods or has made a statement of price reduction, specifying the amount by which the price is to be reduced, and the Seller has not responded to this request within 14 years, it shall be deemed justified
.11. If the Seller is allowed to delay the receipt of the item, the Customer may return the item at the seller's expense and danger. In the case of sales between traders, the Customer is entitled, and when the seller's interest so requires – obliged to sell the thing with due diligence, if there is a danger of deterioration of things. The Customer should, as far as possible, notify the Seller of his intention to sell, and in any case should send him a notice immediately after the sale. The customer may also return the seller's item at his expense and danger
.12 The claim for replacement of goods sold for free from defects shall expire at the end of the year from the date of the defect. If the Customer is a Consumer, the limitation period may not end before the expiry of two years. Within the above deadlines, the Customer may make a declaration of withdrawal from the contract or a price reduction due to a defect in the sold goods. If the Customer has requested that the goods be replaced with a defect-free one, the period for making a declaration of withdrawal or price reduction shall begin upon the ineffective expiry of the time limit for the replacement of the goods.
§ 9 Warranty Conditions
1. All goods are covered by a 24-month warranty.
2. The warranty liability covers only defects arising from the reasons inherent in the sold goods.
3. The customer may exercise warranty rights for physical defects of things, regardless of the rights under the warranty. The exercise of warranty rights does not affect the Seller's liability under the warranty. In the event of the performance by the Customer of the rights under the guarantee, the period for exercising the warranty rights shall be suspended on the date of notification of the error to the Seller. That period shall continue from the date on which the guarantor refuses to perform the obligations arising from the guarantee or the ineffective passage of time for their performance.
§ 10 Consent to send an e-invoice
The Customer agrees to send to the e-mail address provided in the order, including the provision, in electronic form of proof of purchase, invoices issued in connection with the provision of services or the delivery of goods to FOLROK Paulina Rokicka on the basis of any agreement concluded between these entities. It is the user's responsibility and responsibility to provide the correct e-mail address.
§ 11 Personal data
1. The Customer agrees to the processing by the Seller of personal data provided by him during the process of registering an account in the Store and in the process of using the Store, including making purchases in the Store. Providing personal data by the Customer is voluntary, however, the lack of consent to the seller's processing of personal data may prevent the Seller from providing services electronically and making purchases in the Store.
2. Personal data are processed by the Seller, i.e. FOLROK Paulina Rokicka ul. Sadowa 13a/2, Monetary, Tax ID 5821615656, REGON 367947494 , BDO: 00039788.
3. The Seller processes personal data for the purpose of providing electronic services, concluding with the Customer and performing contracts for the sale of products ordered by the Customer in the Store, and in the case of consent by the Customer also for marketing purposes, including in particular to send the Customer commercial information electronically.
4. The customer has the right to access his/her personal data and to correct and delete them. Personal data may be corrected or deleted after logging into the Customer's account
.5. The Customer declares that the personal data provided by him is the customer's data.
§ 12 Final provisions
1. The product information on the Store's website does not constitute an offer within the meaning of the Civil Code
.2. The Seller makes every effort to ensure that the services provided within the Store are at the highest level, however, does not exclude the possibility of temporarily suspending the availability of the Store in case of maintenance, inspection, replacement of equipment or in connection with the need to modernize or expand the Store
.3. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Seller shall not be liable for the blocking by the administrators of mail servers of sending messages to the e-mail address indicated by the Customer and for deleting and blocking emails by the software installed on the computer used by the Client.
4. Individual computer settings can cause differences between the product visualization on the Customer's computer and the actual appearance of the product (color, proportions, etc.).
5. In matters not regulated by the Regulations, the provisions of Polish law, in particular the Civil Code and the provisions of the Act of 30 May 2014 on consumer rights (consolidated text of 24 June 2014, Coll. U. of 2014, item 101. 827).
6. All product names on the Store's website are used for identification purposes and may be protected and reserved under the provisions of the Industrial Property Law Act (Journal of Laws). U. No. 119 of 2003 item. 1117).
7. By accepting these terms and conditions, you agree to collect and share with us statistics about your presence and activity in the Store. The data is collected automatically and can be used to analyze customer activity.
8. For statistical purposes and to ensure the highest quality of services, the Store uses information stored by the server on the Customer's end device, which is then read each time the internet browser (so-called cookies) is connected. Customer may change your browser settings at any time so that you do not accept or inform you when such files are transferred. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use the Store. Customer's use of a browser whose settings allow cookies to be stored on the Customer's device means that you agree to the above cookies being stored on that Customer's device.
9. Disputes, if the Customer so desires, shall be resolved through mediation proceedings or arbitration. As a last resort, any disputes arising between the Customer (who is not a Consumer within the meaning of the Civil Code) and the Seller will be settled by the court with jurisdiction over the Seller's registered office
.10. The Seller reserves the right to change the Regulations for important technical, legal and/or organizational reasons. The amendment of the Regulations shall take effect within the period indicated by the Seller, not less than 7 days from the moment of making available on the Store's website the revised Regulations. Orders placed by Clients before the entry into force of the amendments to the Regulations are carried out in accordance with the existing provisions of the Regulations
.11. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions is intended to violate buyer's rights. Nor can it be interpreted in this way, because in case of incompatibility of any part of the Regulations with the applicable law, the Seller declares absolute compliance with and application of this right in place of the contested provision of the Regulations.
12. These terms and conditions are effective as of March 23, 2019.